APQP Engineer (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Description de la mission
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP) Engineer you will support the processes associated to the launch activities for new products and programs and supplier quality activities. The APQP Engineer also provides quality leadership during the multiple developmental phases of launching a new product or program (prototype, qualification, pre-production builds and production).
Safran offers state of the art circuit breakers, relays, and switches for the aerospace industry. One of the key suppliers for commercial airlines and government contacts.
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Participate in Advanced Quality Planning and industrialization activities.
- • Develop Quality Assurance Plans specific to programs to ensure customer requirements are met and flowed down to suppliers as well.
- • Ensure that customer requirements are incorporated into product functional specifications and lead risk and failure analysis (PFMEA) to ensure functional specification requirements are fully met during process/design validation with suppliers.
- • Provide technical and administrative support as needed in relation to product development and manufacturing.
- • Assist in the development of dimensional and process control strategies with suppliers of critical components.
- • Assist in the design and procurement of gages and instruments associated to critical features of product.
- • Interact with Customer engineering and SQE representatives.
- • Support and attend customer meetings and customer process reviews/audits.
- • Work with the supplier directly to create corrective action plans to address process failures prior to PPAP/FAI or DVI/PVI approval.
- • Perform or lead root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues during early launch.
- • Complete APQP activities with suppliers during early launch.
- • Internally communicate with Engineering, Purchasing, Program Management and Product Engineering on opportunities for quality improvement.
- • Complete manufacturing process audits and follow open items to closure.
- • Integrate Program lessons learned in APQP activities.
- • Coordinate, review, and participate in Phase/Gate Review approval process.
- • Coordinate with the APQP team to integrate customer requirements to the supply chain and manufacturing.
- • Internally escalate potential product/process quality issues and develop a solution to resolve them.
- • Manage engineering changes as it relates to product from the initiation of the change to the finalization of the PPAP/FAI or DV/PVI approval.
- • Perform work in accordance with AS9100 standard.
- • Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and its Suppliers to proactively assure that their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
- • Bachelor's degree in from an accredited institution.
- • Demonstrated experience of manufacturing processes with respect to one or more of these areas: electric product assemblies, complex assemblies, mechanisms, metal and plastic forming, injection molding technologies, tooling, fixtures and gauges.
- • Experience with an ERP system.
- • 2 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- • Results orientation with strong written and oral communications skills.
- • Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time and work extended hours based on customer demand and production schedule.
- • Demonstrated AS9100 knowledge.
- • Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- • Experience working within a matrix structure.
- • Background and/or experience with Electrical systems.
- • Strong verbal and written skills, additional French language would be a plus.
- • Knowledge of SAP environment.
- • Experience in an automotive or aerospace industry.
- • Excellent leadership, influencing, teamwork, and communication skills.
- • Emotionally resilient and able to drive projects effectively for excellence against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment.
- • Customer oriented and able to operate effectively in a high pressure environment and pressing customer deadlines.
- • Ability to build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customer.
- • Strong conflict management skills.
- • Enthusiastic, with a drive for results.
- • Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment.
- • Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- • Proficiency in office IT suite (excel, word and PowerPoint).
- • Capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
- • Provide support to the Supplier Performance Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of Supplier Quality data as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the plant's suppliers and partners. This includes the preparation of reports of supplier performance used to give feedback to suppliers and to the organization.
- • Represent the quality function during Supplier selection process.
- • Schedule and perform Quality System audits at new and existing suppliers against SAFRAN quality requirements.
- • Manage RCCA arising from supplier audits, FAI Reporting, Receiving Inspection, and floor issues.
- • Participate with the High Performance Work Teams to resolve supplier issues arising from the manufacturing floor.
- • Performs other related duties as assigned such as internal audits to AS9100.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and could be subjected to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment could be unusually loud at times. Proper PPE will be provided in these instances.
Spécificités du poste
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de la propulsion et des équipements aéronautiques, de l'espace et de la défense. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie plus de 92 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 21 milliards d'euros en 2018. Safran occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Pour répondre à l'évolution des marchés, le Groupe s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui ont représenté en 2018 des dépenses d'environ 1,5 milliard d'euros.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters ainsi que dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre. Le Groupe est en 4ème position du classement Universum des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs en France.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 12 400 collaborateurs répartis dans 12 pays.