Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Description de la mission
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Quality Engineer you will be Responsible for ensuring the Manufacturing Quality System in the area of focus is effectively established, deployed, maintained, and continually improved.
Work closely with Operations Management to drive and maintain World-Class manufacturing operations and quality outcomes in the area of focus.
This position also executes the Quality System strategy of the organization to ensure the continuous production of articles in the area of focus are consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Safran offers state of the art circuit breakers, relays, and switches for the aerospace industry. One of the key suppliers for commercial airlines and government contacts.
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Provide Quality interface and expertise to proactively assure that the needs and expectations of the production floor with respect to customer, regulatory and statutory requirements are understood and satisfied. This includes but not limited to the nonconformance management and the implementation of the corresponding corrective / preventive actions.
- • Provide support to the High-Performance Work Team relative to the collection and analysis of Quality data. This includes the preparation of reports of quality performance and improvement plans.
- • Analyze organizational quality metrics and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
- • Execute the initiatives of the organization in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Systems throughout the operation, with all the documentation required. Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to targeted functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
- • Able to Lead internal Quality System Audits for the organization and manage follow-up corrective action.
- • Participate in product sustaining activities and addressing customer complaints via the warranty return process.
- • Efforts should primarily be targeted at the identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing and inspection, and management of cost of non-quality.
- • Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas of the organization.
- • Contribute in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conduct training in quality related topics throughout the organization.
- • Successfully host quality related activities including onsite audits, visits, and production readiness assessments.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
- • Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, technical or other related discipline from an accredited institution
- • Two years minimum manufacturing or quality experience with a working knowledge of blueprint reading, statistical methods, problem solving, international quality standards, and continuous improvement tools
- • Ability to travel up to 10%
- • Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and electronic devices and their functional characteristics to aid in effective prevention, detection, disposition and root cause analysis
- • All external applicant (not SAFRAN employees) must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- • Training: Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Quality Management System standards (i.e., ISO 9000, AS9100)
- • FAA 14 CFR Part 21 and Part 145 work experience
- • Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) or similar, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or similar, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- • Credentials: ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE), Six Sigma Greenbelt/Blackbelt
- • Analytical Problem Solving – Understands problem solving methods – i.e. 8D, root cause analysis, Apollo etc. – and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems.
- • New Product Introduction tools such as PFMEA, Control Plans, Characteristic Matrix, Gage Capability, Process Capability, Process Flow, Preventive Maintenance, Machine Runoff, etc.
- • Quality Management Systems – Understanding of the standards, implementation and certification process of Quality Management Systems such as AS/EN9100, ISO-9001, or any other industry-specific standard or regulation. Understands the requirements of customer-specific Quality System certification programs. 14 CFR Part 21 background a plus.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
- • Provide support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits with the objective of improving process performance and capability.
- • Manage Material Review Board activities to control nonconforming material, direct containment activities, provide timely material dispositions and determine root cause as well as implementation corrective actions.
- • Develop, implement and audit of inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions. Investigate and eliminate causes of quality problems and follow up on corrective actions. Support the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), or similar system (i.e. Initial Sample Inspection Report, First Article Inspection, etc.) to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- • Participate in the design of gages, measurement instruments, and test equipment. Construct, purchase and maintain measurement equipment and perform Measurement System Analyses to assess and act upon measurement system accuracy and precision (repeatability and reproducibility).
- • Ensures commitment to a safe working environment and the HSE standards and processes established by corporate.
Spécificités du poste
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de la propulsion et des équipements aéronautiques, de l'espace et de la défense. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie plus de 92 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 21 milliards d'euros en 2018. Safran occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Pour répondre à l'évolution des marchés, le Groupe s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui ont représenté en 2018 des dépenses d'environ 1,5 milliard d'euros.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters ainsi que dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre. Le Groupe est en 4ème position du classement Universum des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs en France.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 12 400 collaborateurs répartis dans 12 pays.
APQP Engineer (Advanced Product Quality Planning)Publié le 04/06/2019Sarasota, États-Unis CDI Qualité
Equipment Repair Technician (MRO Technician)Publié le 23/07/2019Sarasota, États-Unis CDI Fabrication / Montage / Réparation
EMI/EMC QUALIFICATION ENGINEERPublié le 21/07/2019Hamburg, Allemagne CDI Qualité