A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our mission is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Engineering Intern, you will follow and manage the quality and logistic performances for a panel of suppliers. You'll have the opportunity to obtain and lead the implementation of supplier's improvement plans to allow continuous progress, ensure the consistency of initiated improvement actions with all supply chain stake holders, and take part in the actions of evaluation in the pre-selection of new sources. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your passion for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our mission by:
- • Interfaces with product engineering, manufacturing leadership, and support teams to meet business unit goals;
- • Supports standardization initiatives across business units;
- • Coordinates with engineering team to implement company engineering strategies;
- • Defines material sorting and grouping to match the process sequence and aid manufacturing;
- • Documents sorting to match the process sequence;
- • Resolves problems related to the manufacturing process;
- • Capitalizes projects using the “I see I do" process;
- • Provides support to improves process layout to optimize product flow;
- • Uses video analysis to improve work methods and procedures;
- • Handle in day-to-day administrative tasks
- • Assists the Process Engineers in management of major projects
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, ergonomic, and environmental program and culture; • Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- • Design and 3D Printing fixtures and poka-yokes
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Education and Experience
- • Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Decision Science; prefer a field of study in Aerospace Engineering
- • Minimum Junior year or with equivalent credits
- • GPA 3.0 or higher
- • Needs to qualify to work under ITAR regulations
- • Prefer experience with project management, lean manufacturing and/or time studies
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Human Resources InternPublished on 06/24/2019Denton (tx), United States Internship / Student Human Resources
Database AdministratorPublished on 07/17/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Data management and IT
BOM Engineering Area Team LeaderPublished on 07/16/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Supply chain