Professional, Engineer & Manager
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Systems Administrator, you coordinate changes, provide regular maintenance and support, and improve performance of responsible systems. You'll have the opportunity to design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Maintaining and improving delivery systems availability, functionality, and performance for multiple systems;
- • Providing leadership for major system modifications and installations;
- • Applying appropriate security measures;
- • Performing data backups and disaster recovery operations;
- • Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware, software, or other network and system problems, replacing defective components when necessary;
- • Planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware;
- • Operating consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use;
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field
- • Requires at least 5 years of VMware, Storage and Windows Server experience
- • VMware VCA, VCP; NetApp NCSA, NCDA, NCSE, EMC Data Storage Systems Administration Specialist/Expert, and/or Citrix CCP-V, CCA-V certifications preferred
- • Prefers at least 5 years server hardware maintenance and support
- • Requires expert knowledge in data storage solutions and administration (NetApp and EMC preferred)
- • Requires advanced knowledge of server/storage hardware and Windows Server concepts
- • Requires advanced VMware administration, including a high proficiency with vSphere, vSAN, and other VMware products and platforms. Must be adept at network engineering, with working knowledge of firewalls, servers, networks, and operating systems
- • Requires advanced Citrix App and desktop virtualization
- • Must be a US Citizen due to government contract requirements
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 940-272-5627. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance offered for this position.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Production AssociatePublished on 08/21/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Analista ProgramadorPublished on 08/19/2019Chihuahua , Mexico Regular Full time Data management and IT
Import Compliance OfficerPublished on 08/08/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Trade compliance and risks