Electrical Manufacturing Engineer IV
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Standards Engineer IV, you interface with external and internal customers to establish engineering and technical limitations and applications for designs, materials, and manufacturing assembly process development and validation. You'll have the opportunity to develop standards for design and production, support standard parts qualification, and resolve critical technical problems. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Reviewing work in progress to ensure that specifications, technical criteria, and performance are maintained.
- • Organizing technical aspects of proposal development from bid decision to submittal of proposal to customer.
- • Identifing and communicating the need for new or enhanced manufacturing processes and design requirements.
- • Collaborating and coordinating with customer to develop manufacturing processes and design solutions. Contacting subcontractors and suppliers to exchange technical data and coordinate project execution.
- • Defining and ensuring application of business unit best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- • Ensuring manufacturing processes and design optimization through commonality, cost, weight, producibility, and maintainability of design.
- • Investigating and resolving manufacturing processes and design issues.
- • Providing functional and technical guidance to all aspects of engineering project management.
Highlights from our facility:
Our Everett, WA facility is comprised of two business units: Safran Engineering Services and 787 Program. We work closely with the customer to provide engineering solutions and exceptional program support. Our Team Members enjoy our spirit of continuous improvement and participate in teambuilding events and activities.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent engineering degree
- • 15 - 19 years experience in an engineering classification
- • 10 years aerospace industry with experience in the following:
o Electrical Standards
o Electrical/Mechanical design or installation
o CAD design
- • 3 years of leadership experience in applicable disciplines (preferred)
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 425.407.6709. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required
international and domestic
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
FIELD TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE (AERONAUTICAL AREA)Published on 07/21/2019Getafe, Spain Regular Full time Customer services and support
Ingénieur Support Client Moteur H/FPublished on 07/19/2019Magny Les Hameaux, France Regular Full time Customer services and support
Program Buyer IPublished on 07/12/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Purchasing