Employees / Staff
Working within the Site Maintenance team, the role holder will provide maintenance, repairs and improvement work to the production and test equipment on site. They will also assist with day-to-day facilities maintenance.
This role has no direct reports or budget management responsibility
- • Carry out routine planned maintenance of selected plant & equipment to a pre-defined schedule
- • Ensure all routine servicing is carried out with minimal impact on productivity
- • Carry out or facilitate repairs to any plant or equipment that has failed
- • Input information into the CMMS and provide feedback to reduce unplanned downtime
- • Assist with the control and replenishment of spare parts and components
- • Work with specialist sub-contractors to assist with routine maintenance & repair
- • Order spare parts as & when requested
- • Carry out any other routine tasks to support the maintenance & support functions
- • Responding in a timely manner to equipment breakdowns
- • Carry out all work in line with the site health & safety policy
Key internal stakeholder relationships with Operators and Engineering department.
Daily contact with line manager providing timely updates.
Key relationships with spare parts suppliers and service contractors.
Authorised to make day to day decisions within work scope, any project work / ideas over a defined limit require line manager authorisation.
If there will be an impact on Health and Safety or Quality authority must be given by line manager.
- • Mechanical and Electrical knowledge and experience
- • HNC/ City & Guilds or similar technical qualification
- • Experience in a maintenance or production support position working on Production machinery, production lines and facility plant
- • Experience working on hydraulic systems
- • Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, positive personality
- • Good verbal communication skills
- • Must be able to work as part of a team or individually
- • Experience in the Aerospace industry
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Senior Account Co-ordinator - Maternity coverPublished on 04/19/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Temporary General Services
HR CoordinatorPublished on 06/11/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Human Resources
Senior Program ManagerPublished on 05/21/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Programs