Principle Stress Engineer
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
The role is responsible for the employees and tasks undertaken by the Stress/Multiphysics Team .
- • The Stress/Mulitphysics Team performs modelling, simulation and validation tasks to ensure that Electrical Machines
- • Manages some small work packages
- • Working under the direction of the Stress Team Leader.
- • Thermal, vibration, structural FEA analysis using Ansys Workbench
- • Estimating task duration for single tasks or work packages.
- • Coordination with Lead Engineers and Project / Programme Managers to stay abreast of customer needs and estimate
- • Support Stress Team Leader with reviewing the team's working practices and driving improvements to processes
- • Support the Stress Team Leader with long-range planning for the team to ensure the development of team members
- • Provide training and guidance on basic Stress principles in order to grow the skill throughout the Design community.
- • Authoring, reviewing, and approving engineering documentation related to Stress/Multiphysics activities.
- • Review requirements from other SE&P Business to help provide test support and test services.
- • Experience in an appropriate Engineering discipline (or a relevant engineering qualification)
- • A minimum of 10 years' experience in an industrial environment where the design, development and manufacture of
- • A minimum of 6-8 years' experience in the analysis of high speed rotating equipment with respect to stress, thermal
- • A thorough knowledge of fatigue (the causes, effects and prevention) together with the ability to predict component
- • The ability to produce and approve competent technical reports.
- • A thorough knowledge of typical aerospace materials – to include their benefits and limitations and the experience to
- • Some management experience would be beneficial (Work Package Owner/Team Leader for example)
- • Awareness of current CAD tools and their capabilities would be beneficial.
- • An understanding of CFD would be beneficial.
- • An understanding of electrical machines, in particular related to power generation and motors would be beneficial.
- • An understanding of fluid dynamics and tribology would be beneficial.
- • Competent in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Senior Specialist Engineer - Mechanical DesignPublished on 06/05/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics
Site CoE ManagerPublished on 06/05/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics
Lead Engineer - MachinesPublished on 06/03/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics