Product Focal – DC Products
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
The Product Focal will be the focal point for any technical Engineering investigation support requirements to Manufacture Engineering, Operations, Programs and Supply chain, customer support & quality. This role directly contributes to customer satisfaction through support of on time delivery of product / customer technical queries.
- - No direct reports, but will quality assure or supervise the work of other engineers and will hold technical responsibility for the work of others. Has technical accountability for work of any junior staff assigned to them.
- - Review and approve design activities created by themselves and others against specified safety and quality standards.
- - To conduct and co-ordinate engineering activities including detailed investigations in support of production / in-service products using accumulated experience and judgement to evaluate, select standards or methods. This will require co-ordination across the UK and US engineering teams.
- - To make technical decisions & act as prime internal or external interface where needed managing requirements and deliverables.
- - Co-ordinate and work with UK and US engineering teams to resolve technical issues – aligning with Product line leaders for technical authority.
- - To be the focal for the DC generators product range to operations and product support within SEP to maintain status and priority information so that stakeholders have a clear vision of engineering activities relevant to them.
- - To make sure engineering investigation action plans are well structured, managed and substantiated to enable clear and quick program decisions to be made to avoid line stops.
- - Accountable for the technical quality of the work delivered by themselves and other less senior or external engineers assigned to them to support their work.
- - Will represent the engineering function at daily production escalation stand-up meetings (module QRQC) to provide proactive engineering support and engineering action feedback to minimise line stops.
- - Build & maintain good working relationship between all key stakeholders and Engineering function to allow effective and efficient communication.
- - To maintain close alignment with the Configuration Management team and participate in the required change management board reviews to make sure in-service product modifications are properly addressed and controlled.
- - Provide engineering input to budget forecasting activities as needed to support accurate budget forecasting
- - Skilled at concise and logical thinking to derive and communicate thoroughly thought out engineering activities in support of technical issues.
- - Role holder will hold either a relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- - Prior experience in rotating machine / mechanical product design or engineering analysis role
- - Able to use own or technical capability of other engineering specialists to align and justify their decisions.
- - Prior experience in product design or engineering analysis role.
- - Strong understanding of simulation and test capabilities.
- - Sufficient technical expertise in electrical power systems equipment to acquire engineering approval status.
- - Strong knowledge of manufacturing environment – manufacturing methods, process capability, and process control. Ability to effectively apply DMAIC tools.
- - Knowledge of Airworthiness requirements and required configuration control.
- - Good communication skills.
- - Able to work effectively & proactively with other business support functions.
- - Extensive travel is not foreseen unless where the product focal feels it will enhance the ability to resolve issues more effectively in support of product based technical investigations.
- - The role holder has the opportunity to shape this particular function in order to influence and improve the performance of the business. To do so, they will build relationships with key internal customers to build effective support strategies and relationships.
- - From time to time, they will need to interact with external customers to plan and support in-service product issue engineering investigations.
Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.
Lead Engineer - MachinesPublished on 03/20/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics
Senior Specialist Engineer - Mechanical DesignPublished on 03/20/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics
Principal Mechanical Design EngineerPublished on 03/20/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics