Project Quality Assurance Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Project Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for ensuring project integrity and feedback to the customer of any required quality topics identified through internal or external audit / monitoring, with a specific focus on software/firmware. They will manage their own assigned projects in addition to assisting other members of the New Product Introduction (NPI) quality team in the achievement of project quality, customer satisfaction and quality improvement targets.
- • Ensures the quality plan is created and implemented in line with SAFRAN referential
- • Creates and maintains Software/Firmware audit plan, ensuring plan is in line with project milestones
- • Represents quality at project gate reviews
- • Participates in project risk reviews and ensures that acceptable levels of risk have been agreed and communicated internally with action plan
- • Participates in change control board reviews where required
- • Responsible for compiling or approving internal FAIRs/DVI-PPAPs
- • Takes timely and relevant containment actions and ensure traceability investigations are carried out as required
- • Leads on customer interaction for quality escapes and request for customer approvals in conjunction with programmes
- • Ensures compliance with all customer, EASA, ISO9001 and AS9100 requirements and audits and actively lead the closure of any corrective actions or required improvements
- • Leads the process, system or product audits as required and ensures deployment through themselves and the team
- • Ensures all necessary information and facts are gathered relating to quality issues within the business ensuring they are appropriately documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- • Ensures robust corrective actions (excluding supplier actions) are assigned and delivered across all parts of the business
- • Key contributor to the Monthly Programme Reviews, Monthly Quality Reviews, etc
- • Project Quality Engineer will interface directly with the customer and ultimately act as a pool of resource for the NPI programme team
- • Project Quality Engineer is the point of escalation for quality matters with the customer and within the project team
- • No direct budget responsibility – but will identify training needs, system weaknesses and opportunities to improve methods of functional and business working through audits and make recommendations for the appropriate expenditure to deliver these actions.
Key performance measures:
- • Project milestone adherence
- • Project audit plan adherence
- • Software/Firmware review adherence
- • Site audit & flash audit plan adherence
- • Ensure corrective actions are closed within time limits
- • Maintain and improved Departmental Policy Deployment targets/objectives
- • Proven customer management experience, effective customer communications, and ability to appropriately address customer issues and influence and align with wider business requirements
- • Experience with working in a new production environment
- • Solid understanding of contractual and regulatory requirements including ISO9001 and AS9100
- • Proven technical experience of Engineering, manufacturing and quality processes.
- • Lead auditor trained preferred
- • Knowledge of auditing software/firmware to DO 4/178 or 254 requirements
- • Ability to lead quality investigation and compile appropriate reports and coach others
- • Strong analytical and diagnostic skills with the ability to solve problems using tools such as Process FMEA / 8D / SPC.
- • Good attention to detail and able to be objective and to draw out information from relevant parties
- • Drives to completion, self-motivated and able to prioritise own workload.
- • In-depth understanding and demonstrated application of EASA part 21J
- • Effective written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- • IT literate – MS Office software
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Quality Assurance EngineerPublished on 03/30/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Global Supplier Quality Assurance ManagerPublished on 02/02/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Quality EngineerPublished on 04/12/2021Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Quality