Site CoE Manager
Recherche, conception et développement
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The purpose of this role is to lead the CoE team to support project on time delivery and economic performance ensuring right skills, knowledge, tools and processes are in place and having adapted design practices and guidelines for each product.
- • Leading a dedicated group of Engineers, including recruitment & resource planning, performance management, coaching and development and employee engagement
- • Delivering & supporting the CoE products during the whole life cycle (from R&T to in service operations), with the best economical & technical performance
- • Upstream, ensure the competence / methods / process management to guarantee the best level of Engineering competitiveness – accordingly with CoE Division guidelines
- • Participate in product roadmap definition
- • During bid phase, support with CoE know-how / lessons learnt and estimate Engineering NRCs
- • During projects, provide appropriate resources against project, R&T and Product Line Management needs. Ensure optimum project allocation in order to optimize cost of technical solution (NRC/RC, Design To Cost, Design To Manufacturing & Test, total life cycle cost) in close collaboration with the Product Line Leader
- • In service: support products during the whole life cycle (production support + Product technical support) – technical accountability given to the Product Line Leader
- • Develop and sustain a culture of continuous improvement within the CoE – influence peers regarding best practice
- • Lead by example, developing effective working relationships and a collaborative spirit both within Engineering and across other business functions taking a ‘1 organisation' approach
- • Providing technical guidance to the project teams.
- • Proven people management & leadership skills with significant experience in managing a large group of engineers, or large projects
- • Recognised expertise in the representative CoE function
- • Capability to build credibility with stakeholders and work effectively with multi-discipline teams (divisional CoE, R&T, engineering, product support subjects), demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively
- • Robust planning skills and experience in project management
- • Good communication skills
- • Sound judgment and strong decision making
- • Change management facilitator
- • Ability to motivate team to deliver high performance
- • People: resource management, forecasting & demand management
- • Familiarity with the principles of design to cost, design for manufacture and design for assembly with a track record of novel solutions to achieve the manufacturing costs and assembly needs
- • Managing a team (skills, staffing, performance, development), support project on time delivery & economical performance by providing the right competences, at the right time
- • Financial responsibilities: 5 to 10 million€- need to provide most economical Engineering performance to meet customer requirements
- • Staff: Up to 50 engineers
Key performance measures;
- • Budget
- • Headcount
- • On Time Delivery / On Quality Delivery
- • Technical performance during the whole life cycle performance
- • Engineering NRC & RC competitiveness
- • Resource utilization optimization, including make / team / buy strategy
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Senior Specialist Engineer - StressPublished on 06/22/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics
Senior Specialist Engineer - Mechanical DesignPublished on 06/05/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics
Principle Stress EngineerPublished on 06/03/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics