Design Engineer III
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Design Engineer III uses CAD software and equipment to design new products based on implemented technologies.
Collaborates with customer Engineering to develop solutions tailored on customer's requirements.
Organizes and coordinates the Development Team meetings, for design decisions.
Develop and implement company drafting and modeling standards.
Mentors the other engineers on design techniques and company products and standards.
Mechanical or Electrical aptitude with ability to complete complex mathematical calculations.
Intensive user of the PLM system, Configuration Management, and AS9100/ISO 9001 quality requirements
Main Assignments : essential duties and responsibilities
- • Communicates with Customer's Engineers to define the Product Design.
- • Uses computer assisted design/drafting (CATIA, AutoCAD and/or Inventor) software and equipment to develop system designs.
- • Generates QTPs, and QTRs.
- • Designs test jigs and test samples for new product qualification and gets customer's approval. Coordinates the manufacturing of the jigs with the Engineering Technician.
- • Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings), or/and delegates to Design Engineer I and Design Drafter.
- • Verifies, corrects and approved drawings and procedures.
- • Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, plating and other physical sciences to complete system design.
- • Design jigs and tooling based on product needs to help manufacturing.
- • Makes final decision on drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts of whole system or project.
- • Sketches rough layout product and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and locations of features.
- • Responsible for generating an organized file system for Production Drawings.
- • Communicate with Manufacturing Engineers, QA, other Design Engineers, and Manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
- • Able to set up and understand the PLM system
- • Understand and involved on the AS91000 requirement Design Procedures/processes.
Bachelor degree (BS) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school, and 4-7 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Senior Level position. Four to seven years of related experience and/or training.
Proven Project Management and customer relations skills.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient skill level preferable in CATIA and INVENTOR software. Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Ability to learn new graphic software.
Interpersonal skills required: communication, team player, problem solving, time management skills, ability to accept and provide constructive feedback, mentoring and coaching.
Specificity of the job
Minimal Travel Required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Quality EngineerPublished on 06/10/2021Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Quality
INGENIEUR TECHNOLOGUE MODULE DE PUISSANCE H/FPublished on 06/09/2021Moissy-cramayel, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
On-Site Help Desk Support IIPublished on 05/25/2021Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time IT